Wednesday, May 22, 2013


The front fenders came in yesterday and will look great. They are polished aluminum.

And I got the rear fender mounted too.

The gauge set came with an oil temp. gauge so I made up this sender. I took the oil drain plug and drilled and tapped it for the 1/8 pipe thread.

When I went to lub the front wheel bearings I found there was no way to remove the bearing cup so into the lathe it went. I machined a taper on the big end to expose the edge of the the cup. Then bore out the center until the front  cup edge is exposed. Now both cups can be knocked out. This is a specially made hub that puts the splined hub closer to the upright and reduces scrub radius.

Next is to tighten up all the brake lines and bleed the system.

1 comment: