Friday, August 16, 2013


I had a 5' X 10' utility trailer so I modified it to hold the JZR. It took a lot of cutting and welding of old parts and adding some new 3" angle. I got a 2000# winch at Harbor Freight for 50 bucks on sale and another 50 bucks for the #6 battery cable and disconnect to go up to the truck battery at NAPA. I was a bit worried about tongue weight with the front of the car behind the trailer wheel but it worked out well and when I add the trailer spare tire to the front that will make it even better. Still have to put the lights back on somewhere and some paint to finish it up. Now I can load up and take it somewhere to do more driving tests, that is if it ever stops raining. It is like the monsoon season here.

No comments:

Post a Comment