Friday, September 13, 2013


This week it's been front fenders. I first made struts from 1/4" X 3/4" Alum. flat bar. When I slapped the fender it wobbled a lot so I started over and machined new ends that are pressed into a 5/8" OD tube. These are a good bit stiffer; still bounce around but are better. Underneath the fender I bent a 1/8" X 3/4" steel flat bar that bolts to the fender and to the strut.

Note: After finishing this all up I stood back to admire my work and noticed that the fenders fitted nicely over the tire. That look is great but I would not be able to remove the wheel without removing the fender first; not good.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013


I found that the thin floor will distort quite a bit when the motor is energized. I ended up adding a 1/8" plate under the motor and bolted it through a cross member tube nearby. Underneath the bolts screw into a 3/8" plate at each end. This makes it all much more sturdy. There is a lot of force put against the motor mounting plate and floor under it. Eventually the floor would work harden and crack.