Sunday, November 3, 2013


This build came with a very nice driveshaft tunnel that was all powder coated and fitted to the chassis. The only problem was that my wife couldn't fit into the right side seat without lifting a cheek, if you know what I mean.

I knew right away that she would not be happy riding any distance sitting like that so I figured out  way to give her some more room. After some cuts, some new riv-nuts and some screws I got another inch of width in the right seat. You cannot imagine how happy she was that I did that for her. Lots of good points scored there. I should be able to work that one for some time to come!

The tunnel had to be wide in the forward area because of the starter motor reverse device but aft of that there was about 1-3/16" of wasted space between the tunnel and the driveshaft.