Tuesday, May 27, 2014

CYLINDER HEAD TEMPERATURE

I wanted one of these but the price was always so high until I found this one.
http://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/tto/temperature/722-et3


One problem was that the sensor was supposed to be 14mm but what I got was .532" so I filed it out by taking most of the metal off near the wire. This gave me more room in the tight access area for the plug. I put the wire at about two o-clock where there was a bit more room. If you get one of these also get the 12" extension wire otherwise it won't reach to the dashboard.

I haven't cranked it up yet as I'm still fussing with the paint but I expect it to work just great.

UPDATE:
The CHT works great. In driving around my neighborhood (40 MPH) the temp. stays around 285F.



No comments:

Post a Comment