Sunday, December 10, 2017

CARB ISSUES AGAIN

Well, the vent tube idea really didn't do much. I then went to Eurocarb and ordered these "surge washers". They seem to help but still not what it should be. I still have and empty float bowl doing hard cornering.

The idea is that these washer cups sit just at the bottom of the float bowl and prevent fuel from sloshing up the side of the bowl or not let all the fuel do that. Some should stay in the sump nut where the jet is located. This seems to be a common problem from my research but no one had found a fix other than changing to fuel injection.



6 comments:

  1. Hi, is there a fuel pump somewhere on your JZR ? If not, to try one may help to solve your carb issue.On my JZR (1100ST) the tank is at the rear, there is a fuel pump to send fuel to the front, and no carb issue in fast cornering. It's an other engine, but trying a fuel pump won't cost a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a fuel pump and also had to install a fuel pressure regulator to stop flooding. Early Morgans solved the problem with a carb with 2 float bowls. Your success is due to a different carb design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been following your blog with interest as I build mine here in Australia 😀
    Mine is a Cali 3 engine (not on road yet) but rear fuel tank with low pressure pump that still needed a pressure regulator (fuel pissed out everywhere on the carbs till fitted / balanced)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to add a regulator and set it to about 2#. I still empty a carb in hard cornering and stumble a bit till it fills up again.
    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to watch for that - fore warned is fore armed! If I set my regulator to 2 the pump doesn't get enough to move carb floats, 4 & it pisses out of carb seals (maybe time to fit new seals) so for test firing set to 3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't already have one get a copy of "Guzziology". It's the bible of Moto Guzzi bikes. I refer to it often.
    Fred

    ReplyDelete